While The Casbah may be a place to catch an indie-rock show on virtually any night of the week, in June 2012 they started doing something different.
The folks behind Hamilton’s favorite rock venue crossed their fingers, and opened their doors for their first beer festival, and Hamilton responded!
They’re back again this year, hosting Brews N’ Bands where the finest craft brews can be enjoyed–along with some of the city�s newest and brightest culinary delights: like Gorilla Cheese!
Local breweries being featured–thus far, more to be anounced–include:
- – Amsterdam Beer out of Toronto
- – Beau’s All-Natural out of Vankleek Hill
- – Black Oak Brewing out of Toronto
- – Cameron’s Brewing out of Oakville
- – Double Trouble Brewing out ofToronto
- – F&M Brewery/Stone Hammer out of Guelph
- – Flying Monkeys Craft out of Barrie
- – Great Lakes Beer out of Etobicoke
- – Junction Craft out of Toronto
- – Kensington Brewing Co out of Toronto
- – King Brewery/Thornbury Cider out of Nobleton– Apple Country!
- – Lake of Bays Brewing out of Bracebridge
- – McAuslan Brewing out of St.Ambroise, Quebec
- – Mill Street Brewery out of Toronto
- – Muskoka Brewery out of Bracebridge
- – Nickelbrook Beer out of Burlington
- – Sawdustcity Beer out of Gravenhurst
- – Steamwhistle out of Toronto
- – Wellington Brewery out of Guelph
The festival takes place Saturday June 1st and is broken up into two chunks of time � each half will feature breweries and a live music. The first from 1pm-4pm and the second 6pm-9pm.
The bonus? Each session will close with a live musical performance.
Closing off the 1pm-4pm time slot are The Sadies, and closing off the 6pm-9pm time slot are: The Wooden Sky, The Dinner Belles, and Colleen Brown. An after party in the lounge will feature The Elwins.
Tickets are $25.00 a person and can be found here.