The best of the best in Ontario tourism were celebrated at the annual Ontario Tourism Awards of Excellence Gala on Tuesday, Nov. 10 in Toronto. The Ontario Tourism Awards of Excellence recognize industry successes by acknowledging those who have made significant contributions to Ontario’s tourism industry.
The Ontario Culinary Tourism Awards of Excellence are about the passion of those dedicated to advancing the local food movement within tourism and beyond. They recognize those who work hard to tell the stories of our growers, producers, chefs, winemakers and brewers.
So, without further ado, the winners for 2015 Ontario Culinary Tourism Awards are…
Ontario Culinary Tourism Leadership Award
Through financial contributions by local businesses, Norfolk County’s cooperative marketing partnership includes promotional tactics such as the annual Experience Guide and Map featuring over 90 local food businesses, as well as a community driven cookbook. Aggressive social media and direct email also drive traffic to the food and drink features on norfolktourism.ca.
Ontario Culinary Tourism Experience Award
Niagara Culinary Tours
Appealing to world travellers and locals alike, Niagara Culinary Tours creates food tours and culinary events for those who want to eat, walk and embrace their inner local food lover in the Niagara region.
Ontario Culinary Event of the Year Award
Taste-Real: Local Food Fest
Taste Real is an initiative of the Economic Development Department at the County of Wellington that works collaboratively with its municipalities and regional stakeholders to promote local food experiences and local food purchasing in Guelph Wellington area while building lasting relationships amongst the region’s stakeholders.
Congratulations to all of the 2015 winners! Each one exemplifies Ontario’s diverse, vibrant tourism industry and demonstrates clear a commitment to making Ontario the delicious destination of choice!
The Ontario Culinary Tourism Awards are presented as part of the Ontario Tourism Awards in partnership with the Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation (OTMPC)and the Tourism Industry Association of Ontario (TIAO). For a list of winners in other categories, check out the list below:
Tourism Marketing & Travel Media Awards of Excellence
- Tourism Marketing Campaign Award Under $25,000 � County of Bruce
- Tourism Marketing Campaign Award Over $25,000 � Tourism Toronto
- Tourism Marketing Partnership Award � Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island
- Tourism Print Collateral Award � Southwest Ontario Tourism Corporation
- Tourism Digital Marketing Award � The Great Waterway
- Travel Media Story Award � Mariellen Ward
- Travel Media Photography Award � Colin Field
Tourism Industry Awards of Excellence (TIAO)
- Accessible Tourism Award � Royal Ontario Museum
- Sustainable Tourism Award � Mariposa Folk Festival
- Tourism Employer of the Year � Attractions Ontario
- Tourism Champion of the Year � Kevin Eshkawkogan
- Tourism Innovator of the Year � Teanna Lindsay Events
- Tourism Event of the Year � Supercrawl
- Lifetime Achievement Award � Don Braden