As a Feast ON certified event, the venue hosted 12 of Toronto’s top restaurants and a bevy of local beers, ciders, wines and even sodas. Here are our picks of the dishes that had us coming back for more:
- Ontario Trout Salad from Vertical. With delicately smoked trout, greens, crispy onions and tear drop peppers (yes, they’re a thing – a very delicious thing) it was the definition of a seasonal summer salad.
- Cafe Belong‘s ice cream sandwiches. Lusciously thick ice cream between two handmade cookies (your choice of ginger, double chocolate or traditional chocolate chip) makes for one decadent treat in the afternoon – or any time of day!
- Vegetable pakora from Bindia Indian Bistro made with seasonal vegetables and just the right amount of spice. For vegetarians and carnivores alike, these savoury fried bites were perfectly poppable.
- The marinated steak sandwich from Bespoke Butchers. Burger lovers, the bar has been raised! Tender marinated steak with beloved favourites like tomato and lettuce on a soft, pillowy bun and smothered in special sauce make for one superb sandwich
- Muskoka Brewery‘s Cream Ale. This laid-back English pub-style ale takes you to the shores of Lake Muskoka with just a few sips. Even better, it quenches your thirst like no other on a midsummer day.
There you have it – our favourite flavours from the Lovin’ Local Food Fest (and believe us, it wasn’t easy to choose). If you’re left hankering for more, you can stop at anyone of the participating restaurants year round for your next fix!