- This event has passed.
July 13, 2018 @ 2:00 PM - 11:45 PM| $55
BECAUSE BEER Craft Beer Festival is excited to announce the craft breweries and cideries taking part in Because Beer 2018, returning to Hamilton’s beautiful Pier 4 Park for an extended weekend of craft beer & cider, live music, food and fun — Friday, July 13 through Sunday, July 15, 2018.
The 2018 edition of Because Beer pairs a wealth of homegrown talent with outstanding brewers from across the province. In all, BECAUSE BEER festival-goers will be able to sample from more than 40 craft brewers and cideries from across Ontario and beyond:
- Amsterdam Brewing Co.(Toronto, ON)
- Anderson Craft Ales(London, ON)
- Beau’s All Natural Brewing Co.(Vankleek Hill, ON)
- Bell City Brewing(London, ON)
- Black Oak Brewing Co.(Etobicoke, ON)
- Block Three Brewing Co.(St. Jacobs, ON)
- Bobcaygeon Brewing Co.(Bobcaygeon, ON)
- Clifford Brewing Co.(Hamilton, ON)
- Collective Arts Brewing(Hamilton, ON)
- Elora Brewing Co.(Elora, ON)
- Ernest Cider Co.(Aurora, ON)
- Fairweather Brewing Co.(Hamilton, ON)
- 555 Brewing Co.(Picton, ON)
- Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery(Barrie, ON)
- Forked River Brewing Co.(London, ON)
- Grain and Grit Beer Co.(Hamilton, ON)
- Great Lakes Brewery(Etobicoke, ON)
- The Hamilton Brewery(Hamilton, ON)
- Ironwood Hard Cider(Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON)
- Junction Craft Brewing(Toronto, ON)
- Left Field Brewery(Toronto, ON)
- Longslice Brewery(Toronto, ON)
- Lost Craft Brewing Co.(Toronto, ON)
- McAuslan Brewing(Montreal, QC)
- Merit Brewing Co.(Hamilton, ON)
- Microbrasserie Glutenberg(Montreal, QC)
- Muskoka Brewery(Bracebridge, ON)
- The Napanee Beer Co.(Napanee, ON)
- Nickel Brook Brewing Co.(Burlington, ON)
- Overhop Brewing(Toronto, ON)
- Railway City Brewing Co.(St. Thomas, ON)
- Rainhard Brewing Co.(York, ON)
- Redline Brewhouse(Barrie, ON)
- Sawdust City Brewing Co. (Gravenhurst, ON)
- The Second Wedge Brewing Co.(Uxbridge, ON)
- Shawn & Ed Brewing Co.(Dundas, ON)
- Side Launch Brewing Co.(Collingwood, ON)
- Von Bugle Brewing(Etobicoke, ON)
- Wellington Brewery(Guelph, ON)
- West Avenue Cider Co.(Freelton, ON)
- Whitewater Brewing Co.(Cobden, ON)
- Woodhouse Brewing Co.(Toronto, ON)
BECAUSE BEER is committed to bringing together craft beer brewers to showcase their product and their dedication to quality craft beer. It is aimed at anyone who is interested in enjoying and discovering craft beer – from beer aficionados to the casual beer drinker or beer lover.
BECAUSE BEER offers a unique opportunity to sample a variety of craft beers from more than 40 craft beer companies, interact with brewers, check out the awards ceremony for the Because Beer 2018 Homebrew Competition, and listen to dynamic guest speakers. Festival-goers will also enjoy a great music stage as well as delicious fare served up by specialty food vendors. All in a scenic bayfront location that will make you feel like you’ve escaped to the cottage.
BECAUSE BEER will take place on Friday, July 13, Saturday, July 14 and Sunday, July 15, 2018 at Pier 4 Park in Hamilton, Ontario. Festival gates will be open on Friday and Saturday from 2pm-12am and Sunday from 12pm-6pm.
A limited quantity of Early Bird tickets to BECAUSE BEER may be purchased online now through becausebeer.ca/tickets for a discounted rate of $24.99 single-day and $39.99 weekend (excluding service charges).
Once the Early Bird tier is sold out, Advance ticket prices will be $29.99 for single-day tickets and $44.99 per weekend pass (excluding service charges). On the weekend of BECAUSE BEER, tickets may be purchased at the festival gate for $40 single-day, $55 weekend. (Designated driver tickets are $10 per-day.)
Regular admission price includes one BECAUSE BEER tasting mug and three craft beer tokens. Two-day passes include six craft beer tokens. Additional sampling tokens may be purchased onsite — six for $10, 12 for $20.
Designated Driver tickets omit tasting mug and tokens, do not permit alcohol consumption, and cannot be used in conjunction with VIP tours.
BECAUSE BEER is a licensed 19+ event with the exception of children under two who are in a stroller or otherwise carried by an adult. Valid photo identification must be presented to enter the festival area. No smoking will be permitted within the festival grounds. Please drink responsibly and don’t drink and drive.