Grey County’s third annual Ag 4.0: Digital Agriculture Conference will be held in Meaford on Thursday, November 1, 2018. This year we’ll focus on value chain transparency, smart soil tech, and the role of tech in succession. Renowned agriculture technology researcher and thought leader Scott Shearer will join us for a keynote address.
Join us for a day of speakers, panels and project updates in the morning and farm and facility tours in the afternoon.
– The Future of Agriculture: Scott Shearer, Chair, Department of Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Ohio State University
– Block Chain, Beyond the Buzz Word: Applying Block Chain Thinking to Agri-Food
– Smart Soils: Using Tech to Support and Conserve Resources
– Farming the Next Generation: How Ag Tech Contributes to Succession Planning
– The Lay of the Land: Project Updates from Community Partners
– Bay Growers apple packing facility
– Good Family Farms and Compaction Action demo
– Sharedon Farms grain silos