You all know about our love affair with Essex County and it’s wineries.
Well, other people are also taking notice. Essex County Wineries, along with fellow EPIC member from Chatham, brought home 21 medals from the recent All Canadian Wine Championships, Canada’s oldest wine competition. The final medal tally was 7 Gold, 8 Silver, and 6 bronze for a total of 21.
The winning wineries include:
- Black Bear Farms Estate Winery � 1 Gold
- Colchester Ridge Estate Winery (CREW) � 2 Gold
- Colio Estate Wines � 1 Bronze
- Cooper�s Hawk Vineyards � 1 Silver
- Early Acres Winery � 2 Gold, 2 Bronze
- Mastronardi Estate Winery � 1 Gold
- Muscedere Vineyards � 1 Silver, 1 Bronze
- Oxley Estate Winery � 2 Silver
- Pelee Island Winery � 1 Gold, 2 Silver, 1 Bronze
- Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery � 2 Silver, 1 Bronze
EPIC Winegrower�s Association President Steve Mitchell says; ?We have made some great strides in building a brand for our Wine Country and bringing awareness to the quality of our wines and the beauty of our Region. These recent awards represent the progress that our local industry has made in being recognized as an established grape growing region in Ontario?.
We can’t wait to see what else the wineries of Essex County have in store! Keep up the good work.
About The All Canadian Wine Championships
All wines are judged using the 100-point system. Trophies are awarded to the single highest scoring wine in five categories including: Best Red table wine, Best White table wine, Best Dessert wine, Best Sparkling wine, and Best Fruit wine.
For more info, visit: canadianwinetrail.com/cwt