Art comes in diverse forms: from food, theatre, photography, to painting, creativity can bloom in any manner. Cuisine-Art is a special event that celebrates all these manifestations of art in one weekend-long celebration!
This year’s Cuisine-Art will feature 25 of Alton Mill’s artists, over 2 dozen local chefs, and numerous wine, beer, and cider vendors from across the province, with countless of interactive and delicious activities on the docket. Sample the creative juices of resident artists and local chefs at the fifth annual Cuisine-Art!
What’s happening at this weekend-long wonder? By buying a $20 Sip & Savour Tastings Pass (in advance), you get access to all the activities and more:
- Samples of fine wines, craft beers, regional premium ciders, and delicious gourmet delights throughout the Mill
- Open Studios, shops and galleriesA�Alton Mill resident artists display their work and demonstrate their technique
- Chef’s Demos hourly in the Annex Courtyard Main Stage both Saturday & Sunday
- Daily cook-offs featuring a Black Box of locally sourced ingredients and chefs vying for the ?This Chef is Hot? award
- Good Things Market, you’ll find merchants offering great products for your home, kitchen and your palette or palate, whichever the case may be!
The renowned hosts for this event are Theresa Albert, a family oriented nutritionalist, avid food blogger, and TV personality, and Ali Hassan, a comedian, actor, and regular comedic panelist on CBC TV�s George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight. All the proceeds for Cuisine-Art go to the Alton Millpond Rehabilitation Fund, aimed at revitalizing the Mill Pond and improving the water quality of Shaws Creek and the Credit River Systems.
The line-up is sounding fantastic–to name a few:
- Gourmandissimo, ChefA�Gilles Roche
- What’s Cookin’, ChefA�Owen Vulpe
- Millcroft Inn & Spa Chef(s)A�James Buder/Greg Murray
- Black Birch, ChefA�Sarah Carter
- Soulyve Caribbean CafA�, ChefA�Phil Dewar
- Olivar Corp ChefA�Dolores Smith
- Spirit Tree Cidery , ChefA�Neil Krbec
- One Ninety Nine ChefA�Adam Ryan
- Ox Restaurant (Guelph) Chef Jeff Sample
Beverage samples will becoming from:
- Churchill Cellars (Toronto)
- Wine Coaches (Caledon)
- Wellington Brewery (Guelph)
- F&M Brewery (Guelph)
- Pommies Dry Cider
- Spirit Tree Cidery
- Mill Street Brewery
- Hockey Valley Brewing Company
The fun doesn’t stop during the day! Guests will be invited to enjoy a night under the stars with dinner and theatre. Both Friday and Saturday night, an amazing dinner will be served by a local chef with live music and a cash bar. Following dinner will be a performance of Shakespeare’s As You Like It, presented by the Humber River Shakespeare Co. Tickets for the 7 o’clock show are $20 and are available at humberrivershakespeare.ca.
Come enjoy Ontario’s culture with a taste of place at Cuisine-Art!
About The Alton Mills Art Centre
The historic Alton Mill is in the heart of the Village of Alton, in the rolling hills of Caledon, Ontario, just fifty minutes northwest of downtown Toronto. Its rehabilitation and conversion into an arts and event centre won the Heritage Canada Foundation�s 2009 National Achievement Award for Adaptive Reuse. Discover more about the story of the building and the people behind it below or for more information on its new life and the people and activities who now animate the Mill, go to the Visit page or click for a directory of all the artists, artisans and shops and services at the mill.