THE PROCESS The Culinary Tourism Alliance’s (CTA) Board of Directors is comprised of no less then 8 and no more than 10 directors. 50% of directors hold a two-year term and 50% of directors hold a three-year term. Directors may serve a maximum of six (6) consecutive years as of 2011. RESPONSIBILITIES OF DIRECTORS The Board of Directors shall manage the governance of the Corporation; determine the strategic direction of the Alliance; and ensure financial prudence. In addition, Directors are expected to assume responsibilities for the following:
- Attend in person or by conference call a minimum of four (4) Board meetings per year. Typical meetings run from 10am to 12pm on a weekday. There is usually 2-3 hours prep time for each meeting.
- Actively participate and contribute to Board meetings.
- Make decisions at the Board based on the best interest of the CTA as a whole.
- accounting/financial management
- law and policy development
- public relations and communications
- risk management.