Virtuous chowders made with sustainable seafood, by thirteen Toronto chefs competing for the title of 2012 Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown Champion. How can one resist? Thirteen different expressions of seafood-based deliciousness!
If it’s going to be anything like last year, expect all kinds of seafood to be showing up in your bowl: crustaceans, bivalves, and cockles, you name it. Not mention all manner of accompaniments. These chefs know how to get creative!
The lineup of chefs has been announced: some of which this Leslieville-er absolutely expected to see–like Chef Kristin Donovan from Hooked and Chef Patrick McMurray from Starfish and Ceili Cottage; West-enders Frank Byrne from Fishbar and Albert Ponzo of Le Select Bistro, among the wider field including:
- Shaun Edmonstone, Bruce Wine Bar
- Chef David Kokai, Loic Gourmet
- Chef Morgan Wilson, Trios Bistro at the Toronto Downtown Marriott Eaton Centre
- Chef Amira Becarevic, EPIC at the Fairmont Royal York (home turf!)
- Chef Daiji Tanaka of Hapa Izakaya
- Chef Thomas Heitz, Port Restaurant
- Chef Reuben Major, Earl’s Kitchen and Bar
- Chef Alexandra Gaponovitch, Calphalon Culinary Centre
- Chef Stacey Blois, Perth Hall at Western University
Plus, there’ll be plenty of craft beer to swig with your chowders. This is just a win-win situation for us all!
Get your tickets soon — they’re limited (and limited to people who are 19 and older). Support this wonderful program; Come out, taste and cast your vote for The People’s Choice award.
All the proceeds from the night will go to support the Vancouver Aquarium’s Ocean Wise program.