This week, Agatha plays dress up with a stellar vinaigrette recipe, proving that you can win friends with salad after all.
“This recipe is inspired by one of Ontario’s good food fighters: Chef Brad Long.A� His St. Lawrence Salad–served up daily at Cafe Belong–is a force to be reckoned with in all seasons.A� Agatha first saw this salad made one evening at theA� Evergreen Brick Works Chef Series and has been serving it up ever since!”
Recipe: Brown Butter Vinaigrette
Spicy, tender, sprouty–you name it! This nutty, rich dressing is lovely on any type of greens. Toss in some fruit, nuts or Ontario chevre for an extra kick!
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons Ontario apple cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons Ontario cold pressed soya bean oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon Ontario maple syrup
- Season to taste
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan over medium-high heat until browned but not burned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and reserve.
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, shallot and maple syrup. Whisk until well combined.
- Whisking vigorously, slowly drizzle in the reserved butter and whisk until thickened.
- Season to taste and set aside at room temperature until ready to serve.**Serving this for fancy company? Throw it in a blender and buzz until smooth!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6