As the new year rolls in, we�re taking the time to reflect on our favorite moments of 2015. From roadside snacks to epic airplane adventures, it�s been a wild ride!
Up next: our favorite events of the last year. There were festivals, dinners, classes and summits — all celebrating local food. Here’s hoping 2016 is equally exciting!
Rebecca�s Epic Moment
?Definitely the Terroir Culinary Retreat at Grandview Farms and the visit to K2 Milling before hand. It was just so cool seeing the whole come together. This year will be even better, and it’s open to all delegates!?
When: April 2015
Where: Grey County, Ontario
Agatha�s Epic Moment
?This is going to sound really cheesey — but I had a really great time at our Ontario Food Tourism Summit this year! I thought the speakers were all lovely — Nick totally hit it out of the park with his museum talk — and the Jam Jam session was just right thing to break it up. Who doesn’t love a good jam? Sure the whole thing was learning and professional development, but we work in a fun industry. Our events are fun!?
When: November 21
Where: Toronto, Ontario
Julia�s Epic Moment
?This one’s easy – June’s Local Food Fest, organized by Taste Real. And I’m not alone, it just took home Culinary Event of the Year at this year’s Ontario Tourism Summit Awards. A beautiful community event that showcases the bounty and the charming grassroots feel of Wellington County. Here’s more on the event.?
Where: Wellington County
Anna�s Epic Moment
?Riverfest Elora. Great local food, wine and beer, amazing music, and the best small town in Ontario (ok, I’m biased!)?
Where: Elora, Ontario
Okay, we didn�t each just choose one. You can�t! There�s just too much. Here are the moments we all just can�t stop talking about.
- This totally amazing Cider Masters Dinner at Spirit Tree Cidery for Valentines Day
- This butchery workshop with VG Meats!
- This cheese pulling demo at Restaurants Canada
- The moment this cutie from Northwinds took home hardware for their Moonlit Wit at the Ontario Beer Awards
- This moment when our Julia was chosen Top 30 Under 30 by the OHI
- That time we rode the aspara-bus!
- All the moments at Ontario Craft Beer Week
- The moment we watched the sun go down at The Stop Night Market
- That time in the selfie booth at Lovin’ Local Food Fest
- That time we wore all white and flash dined under the falls!
- That time we ate a whole pig at The Evergreen Brick Works
- Our 2015 Staff Retreat! Obviously.
What was your best moment of 2015? Let us know!