Cheese-lovers! If you happened to miss our post on theA�Oscurds, we forgive you. However, it will be very hard for you to forgive yourselves if you also miss the upcomingA�Great Canadian Cheese Festival.
I mean, hel-loooooo! We are talking about a whole festival dedicated to cheese. Please don’t make us say it again.
The Great Canadian Cheese Festival, which will be in its fourth year this year, will run from June 7th to 8th in Picton, Ontario. Participating cheesemakers, artisan food producers, small-batch wineries, craft breweries, and other exhibitors have reserved more than 100 booths across Picton. They’ll be serving up their goods at the Crystal Palace, the Prince Edward Curling Club, the new Artisan Foods Pavilion and the Picton Fairgrounds making the event the biggest cheese show in Canada and one of the biggest artisan foods markets in Ontario.
Consumers will be able to taste and purchase more than 125 different cheeses including Le Baluchon (made by Fromagerie F.X. Pichet of Sainte-Anne-de-la-PA�rade, QuA�bec), voted Cheese of the Year at the Canadian Cheese Awards. Marie-Claude Harvey, who owns the fromagerie with her husband, Michel Pichet, will be the guest of honour at Makers+Mongers, the Festival’s Saturday evening function celebrating cheese and food artisans.
In addition to mountains of cheese (plus other food & beverages), the Artisan Cheese & Fine Food Fair will feature:
- VQA wines by the bottle or case by wineries as part of the pilot project initiated by the Ontario government to promote locally-grown wines.
- Rest and recover from all the sampling in the Festival’s new Presentation Pavilion while listening to local musicians.
- Seminars in the All you Need Is CheeseA� Annex presented by Dairy Farmers of Canada as a bonus feature of the Artisan Cheese & Fine Food Fair.A�Learn about the best in Canadian cheese at special presentations conducted by leading cheese educator Deborah Levy.
- The Festival’s own Cheese Dairy Farm featuring cows, goats, sheep and Yvette, the sweetest water buffalo you’ll ever meet.
- A Food Court featuring tasty eats prepared by Urban Herb, Picnic Food Truck and Seed to Sausage.
- Sunday, June 8, is Family Day at the Cheese Fair with children admitted free when accompanied by an adult.
Adult tickets to the cheese festival include:
- Access to all sponsors, exhibitors and vendorsa��with close to 200 productsA�to sample
- 10 tasting tickets for cheese, artisan foods, wine and beer, valued at $10
- Souvenir Festival insulated bag for your purchases, valued at $10
- Glass for sampling wine, beer and cider
- Admittance on first-come, first-served basis to cheese seminars presented by Dairy Farmers of Canada
- Festival Dairy Farm, Food court and FREE parking.
The advance ticket price is $36. At the event, the price is $45. There is no fee charged on online ticket purchases. Youth and child tickets for the Cheese Fair are available. All other Festival events are age of majority only.