Culinary Tourism in Ontario tells the magnificent story of our food, our land and our varied people. This years� champions exemplify the innovation in storytelling that satiates the growing appetite of folks to experience local flavours.
These awards are about the passion and excellence of those dedicated to advancing the culinary tourism movement in Ontario. Through their steadfast leadership and unique experiences, both winners and finalists set the bar for what culinary tourism in Ontario represents.
These awards are jointly presented by the Tourism Industry Association of Ontario, the Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation, and the Ontario Culinary Tourism Alliance.
The awards are divided into three categories: Leadership, Experience and Event of the Year. Here are this year’s finalists:
2017 Culinary Tourism Award of Excellence: Leadership
1. Bistro ’67
2. Peterborough & the Kawarthas Tourism
3. 360 The Restaurant at the CN Tower
2017 Culinary Tourism Award of Excellence: Experience
1. Stratford Tourism Alliance
2. The Barrels, Bottles & Brews Trail
3. The Apple Pie Trail
2017 Culinary Tourism Award of Excellence: Event of the Year
1. Cultivate: A Festival of Food & Drink
2. Spirit Tree Estate Cidery Wassailing Festival
3. WindsorEat’s Dinner on a Pier